http://antigizi.or.kr/english

Home    korean  

NO US BASE  | NEWS  |  PHOTO  |  CONTACT  

nobasept   pm.3:35, Tuesday ( 622hit )
The crossroad between life and death in 3 months (Fr. Mun Jeong Hyeon)

The crossroad between life and death in 3 months

contributed in "voice of people" an Internet Media

Fr. Mun Jeong Hyeon
Oct. 1, 2005

I oppose the expansion of pyeongtaik US military base expansion from the beginning. At the end of 2003 I made a tour all over the nation appealing "no military dispatch in Iraque" and" no expansion of Pyeongtaek military base". Through the year 2004 I have been in more or less 60 big or small cities on such a tour. In fact, the matter of the expansion of Pyeongtaek US military base has become very tense.

I determined to live with the residents of PaingSeong to be deprived of the land. I moved in PyongTaik on Feb. 14, 2005.   The schedule which the government selects (the obstacles investigation, the objection requisition, Its assessment, the conference purchase, the reception decision, the compulsion reception) have been performed up to now. It is already at 5 stage of 6 steps legal procedure. On Aug. 31 the period of the recept! ion decision was finished. The compulsion ceception is going to be on process soon. The residents for this course shed blood. They have spent days and night of crucial struggle. I have already accompanied with such residents for 8 months.

According to the schedule of the government, the day to be deprived of their land is drawing the residents near. The government is robbing its residents of the land stretching as far as horizon and gives it to the US troops. Justice does not exist.

Look at the last "July 10 Grand Peace Match". The national vehement violence was exposed by poice power. Residents broght small stones at the corner of playground to pile a stone tower. Police officer mistook the stones for the strike supplies  The riot police pushed the residents away, loaded the stones on a dump truck and took them away. A unspeakable event happened. The Ministry officers of the National Defence came to the school to have a explanation meeting without knowlege of the residents. By the way, residents blocke them forcibly. The violence of police offecers were rampage. One of residents was brought to a local hospital and a resident was arrested to the police station. Number of residents and Pan National committee are! taken to a court. The government continually commits violence crimes against the residents.

It became the bloodshot eye so that The Ministry of National Defense took the school bought from the local Education Agency. Cheon Jeong Bai Minister of the National Justice and Ministry officers applied for provisional dispositionon on the 33 members of PangSeong solution committee and the Pan National solution commetee to court.  The Ministry of National Defense want to take the school in its hands and to use it to an managemen! t office of Ministry of National Defense.  They want to use the playground of the school to Station of the riot police.

The government propels its schedule to be determined. The government threatens, appeaces and intimidates the residents. It  continues and is propeling the compulsive purchase of resident's property. Residents one by one accept proposal of the government. Residents to see such conducts feel anger and restless. Then I make my mind not to get out of here without victory. I am also restless day and night. I can not consist the sleeping at night. I hope resident can be supported by the people. That is why I always rush to meet people everywhere and to beg their support to the villagers. I seek a group of people to have a talk although they don't invite me. I alway shout "no expansion of Pyeongtaek US military base". Somtimes I prepare my! death in a deep thought. I can not tolerate such a robbing of government.    

On the other side, there is US government in the rear of Korean government. How can we confront a nation violence. The energy rises if I think about the past days. We remember the struggle for the unfair SOFA revision. We remember the struggle for closing the international strafing and bombing rage in MaeHyangRi. We carried the light of candles with anger of HyoSun and Miseon's death. We confronted the government's oppression. Those were an _expression of our self-reliance we haven't had in our history. The subsordinate relation has not been changed, but people's self-reliance changed a lot. Our self-reliance is an energy for the opposition of the expansion of Pyeongtaek US military base.

November, December of this year and January of next year 3 months will be the months of a severe last fighting. It is a period of the crossroad of life and death. It's a death of all of us as well as residents. It's a round of fighting against Us and Korean government that attempt to make the land of life the land of death. It is a struggle of a choice of death or peace. Frankly speaking, the power of the residents is very week.  

Behold the July 10 Grand Peace Match of 100,000 Pyeongtaek gardians held on July 10, 2005! We have to turn on the government with high spirits. This high spirit guarantees our victory. Physical power is a barbarian. The justice of our claim can resists a barbarian power. The justice can call a citizens of the world. Justice guarantees our victory. Finally the Pyeongtaek land will remain as the land of life without fail.

list         
No Subject Name Date Hit
  Autonomy Declared in Daechuri, South Korea   
dope  06-02-28 752
  The Pyeongtaek Struggle Grows Into an International Solidarity Movement   
nobasept  05-12-24 726
  Opening of the Grand Peace March On December 11, 2005   
nobasept  05-12-24 851
  12/10 Open Forum for Pyeongtaek Peace with International Delegates   
nobasept  05-12-09 768
  12/8-11 Pyeongtaek Peace March   
nobasept  05-12-09 787
  11/6 village headman, Choi Chun-ho's funeral ceremonies   
nobasept  05-11-29 1170
  The sincere appeal made Fr. Mun stop the hunger strike   
nobasept  05-11-20 538
  The Village cherishes hopes on the edge of the precipice.   
nobasept  05-11-14 628
  KCPT begin a Vigil Campaign For an Indefinite Period. (October 29, 2005)   
nobasept  05-11-03 586
  October 1, Stories of the first day of Autumn ¡®Nong Hwal (farmers-students joint farm activity)¡¯   
nobasept  05-10-24 703
  The crossroad between life and death in 3 months (Fr. Mun Jeong Hyeon)   
nobasept  05-10-18 622
  Autumn of PaengSeong, Pyeongtaek   
nobasept  05-10-16 566
list    << [1]..[11][12][13] 14 [15] >
Copyright 1999-2024 Zeroboard / skin by E*so

copylefted by Korea Coalition against U.S. base expantion in Pyeongtaek